- 2 cups high-quality semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup high quality milk chocolate morsels (or you can use 3 cups of semi-sweet total, and omit the milk choc, but the milk chocolate adds an amazing flavor)
- 1 – 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (I use Eagle Brand)
- 3.5 oz marshmallow cream (half of a jar, just eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 unwrapped caramels, a little over 8 oz.
- about 2 cups whole or chopped pecans (whole pecans are pictured in photo)
- Non-stick spray
Spray an 8×8 or 9×9 pan generously with non-stick spray, or line it with parchment like I do. Make sure that you go up the sides with your parchment as well, so that later you can pull it up and remove your fudge easily. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, combine all chocolate chips, add 3/4 can of sweetened condensed milk over medium-low heat (about 10-15 mins). Stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and add vanilla, stir. Add marshmallow cream, stir vigorously until smooth. You may have to return it to low heat for a minute or two, to get it completely smooth again. Turn off heat. Pour 1/2 of the mixture into prepared pan, doesn’t have to be exact. Leave the remaining 1/2 of your chocolate in the saucepan on your warm stove (make sure stove is off)
Sprinkle pecans evenly across the top of your chocolate, lightly press pecans into fudge. Don’t press them too far in, you want to see them later when you cut your fudge. (Also, you only want only a single layer of pecans, if you double them up, the fudge won’t hold together.) Place pan in refrigerator (or freezer) to set up. About 10-15 minutes.
In a medium-sized saucepan, combine unwrapped caramels and the rest of your sweetened condensed milk, (1/4 can) Heat on low and stir until melted and smooth. Pour most of the caramel evenly over fudge layer. Reserve 2 tablespoons for drizzling later. Place in refrigerator for 15 mins to set up. (or freezer)
Re-heat reserved 1/2 of your chocolate and stir until smooth again. Pour/Spread over caramel layer. Place in fridge to set for 5 minutes.
Re-melt your leftover caramel on the stove and drizzle it over the top of your fudge. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting, slice into even squares and devour immediately. ENJOY my friends!
For original recipe and Niki’s TIPS! please visit the website here.
as seen on and copied from facebook ☺